Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Milkshake



Ever wished you could make a pumpkin pie drink? You could put a pie in a blender, or you could try this less gross version. I've combined the best of several pumpkin milkshake recipes and got this baby.

 ______________________________



Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 egg (I used The Vegg egg yolk)
  • 1 cup vanilla yogurt (I used So Delicious Coconut Milk, unsweetened vanilla)
  • 1 cup milk  (I used cashew milk, but use your favorite creamy milk)
  • 1 frozen banana (see notes)
  • 1 cup vanilla ice cream (I used So Delicious Cashew Milk)

Optional:
  • Ginger Snap or Graham Cracker crumbs (I used ginger snaps for extra spice)
  • Whipped cream (I used So Delicious brand)

Note: If you have a Vitamix, you can just throw a whole frozen banana in. However, if you are making this in a blender, slice the banana into disks before freezing.

Put all your ingredients in the blender, removing the frozen items from the freezer right before mixing. Blend until creamy goodness happens.



Pour into two large glasses (or more smaller glasses). Add the whipped cream on top and sprinkle a tablespoon or so of cookie crumbs on top. Then call all the boys to the yard.



My choices for  making this alcoholic would be adding bourbon or vodka. Or you could go the other way and make this into a healthy treat by eliminating the ice cream and adding an equal amount of frozen bananas.



______________________________

This is Day 13, in my 31 Days of Pumpkin Spice. I am behind on posting- what can I say? I'm a bad blogger. Rest assured there will be 31 Days of Pumpkin Spice.

Join in the fun on Twitter with your favorite recipes, quips, or (semi)historical facts by using the hashtag #TeamPumpkinSpice



No comments:

Post a Comment