Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mardi Gras Margaritas

Laissez bon temps rouler! Or, let the good times roll on this Fat Tuesday!


I've spent most of the Mardi Gras season sewing sequins on to my unicorn costume and making a huge papier mache head character for a fellow reveler. 


After having a great time in the Huntsville Mardi Gras parade Saturday, I did find the time to perfect my strawberry margarita recipe. 

When isn't a good time for a margarita? So here's my spicy and fruity frozen version of perfection. 


4 limes worth of juice
6 Tbl tequila of your choice
2 Tbl Triple Sec
6 Tbl agave syrup
4 cups frozen strawberries

Add these in order to your blender and blend baby blend, until smooth. Sugar may be traditional in a margarita but I feel that agave gives a mellow molasses flavor which blends nicely with the strawberries. Also, the oneness of using tequila (from the agave plant) and agave syrup together makes me feel whole.

This recipe gives you about 5 cups or about 4 average margarita glasses. The glass in the photo is fairly large and this recipe will fill only 3 of them.

Get extra limes for garnish slices.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment