Monday, December 29, 2014

Jack & Coke Float


Just what the title implies. A drink simple yet amazing - so simple you'll wonder why you haven't been drinking it for years. As far as I know I invented it, but I'm sure there's a few crazies out there that thought of it first.

The following recipe is perfect for two, since a can of coke can be split between you. I like to put a large amount of ice cream in mine and so it takes up a lot of room, but mix your drink however you want. This isn't rocket science.



  • 1 shot of Jack Daniels (or other whiskey of choice)
  • 1/2 can of coke
  • 1 large scoop of ice cream

Pour the shot of whiskey in a large glass or sundae cup. Add the coke second so the carbonation will mix the drink for you. Then delicately lower the rounded scoop of ice cream into the top of the drink. Or, if you're on your second (or third) drink, fling three chunks of ice cream in, dug out of the carton with a tablespoon. Best enjoyed with a spoon and a straw.

When it comes to personal choices, I am a Jack fan, especially Gentleman's Jack, and the mellow flavor is perfect for this adventure. If you use a different brand be sure to choose oaky over tangy. I am also more inclined towards Coke-a-Cola (on the rare occasions I drink soda) since Pepsi tastes saccharin-like to me. Following the responsible part of Responsible Debauchery, I don't use dairy so legally I'm using "frozen dessert". I love to use So Delicious coconut milk ice cream; the coconut fat just melts into the drink... Yums!

That's how I like a Jack & Coke Float. How do you like yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment